Included are slides and details regarding the Mid Kaweah Technical Advisory meeting and their SGMA recommendations to go to next week’s board meeting.
- What is the method to track pumping?
- ET Measurements by Land IQ
- How will pumping cap be implemented in the first year?
- Bonus allocation will not be recommended to the board. Those winter crops have already been planted or the seed has already been purchased.
- How far can growers move/trade water?
- 5 miles, this is an emergancy policy and will move to the Water Accounting Framework
- What should the penalty be in 2022 if the cap is exceeded?
- If you exceed the pumping cap by less than 1 AF there will be a mitigation cost between $250-$250 AF
- If you go over 1 AF you pay the mitigation cost and lose future water supply allocation at a 1:1 ratio.
- What should the pumping cap be?
- 2.5 AF
- What is the durability of the grounwater allocation?
- 90% of native, tier 1 & tier 2 water